Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays for a few reasons. The yummy food, spending time with family, relaxing and no pressure with presents. Corey's family has a tradition of celebrating Thanksgiving the Sunday before at his aunts house. This is great since his whole family including cousins and second cousins are all there because there isn't any other conflicting dinners. This year at the McManus/Goin Thanksgiving there were 5 kids under 2 1/2. I totally got my baby fix that day. We might need to add another room on when these little ones start to eat.

On Thanksgiving we spent the day at my sister Lora's house in Corvallis. We brought the appetizers and the traditional spinach casserole. We were late and there was a hungry crowd waiting for us but we still left with leftover appetizers. I am fortunate that my divorced parents can actually be in the same room and have conversations with one another. It was what you could call the "modern" family Thanksgiving. My dad's side of the family including his wife, my grandparents and my aunt mingling with my mom and her husband. Of course the star of the show wasn't the food or the games (which Auntie Pam continued her 5 game winning streak) but Ms. Bailey. My niece wowed everyone with her ABC's, songs, numbers, shapes and bowling abilities. She preformed well under pressure, she is a star in the making. Hope you all had a good thanksgiving. Bring on Christmas!

2 comments:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! We look forward to hopefully seeing you around Christmas when we're up for our visit. Go Beavs!

LB in SEA said...

I expect an updated post next week!